Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's been a while....

It's been a ridiculous amount of time since I updated.. but it's time to catch up!


I've been enjoying living the dream since November, just riding my bike and traveling around Aus.. After signing with the Specialized Securitor women's team, I've raced the Noosa GP, NSW GP, Bay Crits, Nationals, TDU Crits and the team has had some amazing successes thanks to super sprinter Kimberley Wells. It's so easy to work your ass off in a race knowing there's someone there to finish the job off.
Noosa is just aaaaall about the beach!
The highlight would have to be Kimbers taking out the National Crit Championships in Ballarat, but overall the entire summer series of racing has been so much fun and I've had such a blast spending time with all the girls!
Hannah, myself, Kimbers and Bec after winning the Nationals Criterium!
The Summer season has hit a bit of a lull now, and the next big race on the calendar is the Oceania Road Championships which are going to be held in Canberra this year in only 3.5 weeks time! Between now and then there's a few SKCC crits to hit up, and some perfect summer training to be had.

Coffee time in Glenelg with Dion from 4Shaw and Adidas Eyewear. A great supporter of our team!

The team after winning the first round of the Santos Women's Cup in Adelaide
 I'm making the most of the weather at the moment, because about a week after Oci's I'll be jetting across to Europe to start my second Summer of racing! I'll be riding for the Breast Cancer Care Team and racing across Europe for 6 months. Living in Belgium it won't be much of a Summer, but it'll sure beat sitting in an office in Melbourne during winter. I can't wait to get over there and meet the team and start racing!

I have to say a HUGE thank you to our sponsors, Specialized Australia, Securitor Financial Advisors, Capo Custom Cycling Wear, Adidas Eyewear & The Smart Centre Adelaide . Without them, it wouldn't have been possible for us to have the summer we've had!

No comments: